I have been going to the gym and trying to run on the treadmill whilst maintaining my eating frenzy at home, I came to the unedifying realisation that nothing is going to change unless I take drastic action. Normally I shy away from drastic action as it's all too much like hard work, but I know what has to be done I just have to knuckle down and do it.

So last night I went back to WW, a horrifying weigh in that was treated with tact and discretion and the company of a very good friend made it ok. I hate having to plan food like it was a military operation, but my problem is I eat and eat and eat, I forget what I've had and eat some more. Token efforts down the gym aren't gonna fix this Big Momma, no siree Bob.


Other triggers for action are:-



  • had to take a self portrait for a online photo course I am taking and could not get one decent one, even after copious rearrangements of my form

  • my niece is getting married in 10 weeks, if I want to enjoy myself without feeling like a fat bird in a fat birds dress I have to get my groove on and stop eating so much.


Hubby is supportive but busy with lots of other things, kids couldn't give a monkeys what I look like and I've run out of people to moan to.



So, here's to Day 1 of taking myself in hand.



I also plan to run 5k around our school playing field to raise money for charity, not run fast or anything but run without stopping, obviously it's an organised thing, even I do not have the chutzpah required woblle along on my own.



At the gym today I went onto week 2 of the couch-to-5k plan (I sort of did week 1 during the last 2 weeks):

  • run for 90 seconds walk for 2 minutes for 20 minutes.

Sound easy? not on your life! maybe it's the bulk I am having to run with but I really suffered. The good thing is that it made me realise that I work best working to goals - lose weight for the wedding/run the 5k at school etc etc. It would have been really easy to give up or to take it really easy, but no-one ever said that running was easy, especially at the start and I am now one determined lady.



In other news....