my waters broke. I was 31 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. I was almost hysterical with worry, but did not go into labour. I was admitted to hospital and was put on antibiotics. I was very grateful for friends & family who rallied round helping Hubby & visiting me & bringing such wonderful things like shower gel, magazines & yummy food, the bedside tv and just being able to rest. I had my temp taken and blood pressure checked every 2-3 hours - they were looking forsigns of infection that sometimes follows your waters breaking early.

I was in hospital for 5 days, I went in on a Thursday and went home on the Tuesday (weekends in hospital are the most dreadful times, each hour lasts a lifetime). I was like a leaky fawcet (sounds better than a dripping tap), every time I moved I leaked a little more, but they gave me a scan and told me I had plenty of fluid around the baby and that it replenishes itself. I can remember my Consultant telling me as I packed my bag to go home not to go into town and buy lots of premmie clothes, that the likelihood would be the baby would not come early!

another 8 days my little Bab